A project

Talk about anything!

A project

Postby busterolly » April 22nd, 2014, 7:01 pm

So.
For the 30th anniversary I have planned a small series of shorts, with the aim to make something special for the GB30th.
It was going to just be UKGB (and it will be centrally) but with the help of the lovely Tara, The Alabama Ghostbusters and the Hawaii Ghostbusters things will go international.
I won't give to much main plot away for now, but Tara has filmed something on her trip home to Alabama and I have some other bits planned for filming (hopefully in the next few weeks).

All I will say on the main story is as follows, There is a big bad in the last episode, I plan on the episodes being about 5-10 minutes and the final episode being 30ish minutes.

Here is the deal, I want to know which franchises are interested in having an episode. The plan is each mini episode is connected and I would love to squeeze in a load of franchises.
Now, for that 30 minute episode.... I want as many as many members as I can get from Ectomania together on the Saturday to film the 'final scene'. This goes back to the mini episodes a little as i'm hoping there will be members from most franchises at Ectomania, that way all the UKGB can come together to take out the big bad wolf the ukgb ghosts.

I will give you a list of the 1st three eps, just to give us an idea.

Episode one: UKGB: Lights out.
Episode two: UKGB: All aboard.
Episode three: UKGB: Working Holiday.

So yeh, after episode 3 I am looking to get the other franchises in, I am after 3 maybe 4 franchises to get involved then will do one more short with the first episodes characters and prep the final episode.

A few of you will know I have had ideas before that have not ever been finished but this one has actually started and bits have been filmed. Any one that wants to get involved please message me or reply below :D
AND YOU DON'T WANT US EXPOSING OURSELVES!

busterolly
UKGB

Re: A project

Postby txteva » April 22nd, 2014, 7:18 pm

Bristol Ghostbusters are happy to join in :-)
We've made a couple of fan films before.
txteva
UKGB

Postby busterolly » April 22nd, 2014, 7:27 pm

Cool beans. What equipment do you guys have?

busterolly
UKGB

Postby txteva » April 22nd, 2014, 8:27 pm

We used a flip video camera and microphone - some of the filming with & without special effects http://youtu.be/dfd4AKzk3yE (the full film is isn't on YouTube cause it's for charity download tho I can get you a copy if you like)
txteva
UKGB

Postby shodanmark » April 22nd, 2014, 9:00 pm

Think this will have to wait until after the 30th dude. The live show is going to take up a lot of our free time and money to get done.
"Two in the box, ready to go... We be fast and they be slow!"
UKGB Twitter / UKGB Facebook / UKGB YouTube
shodanmark
Site Admin

Postby busterolly » April 23rd, 2014, 8:18 am

I'm only after minutes of peoples time. :/

busterolly
UKGB

Postby Twinkie'84 » April 23rd, 2014, 10:15 am

I'll try my best to help!
Chad
UKGB022

"What about the Twinkie?"

Twinkie'84

Postby your evil twin » April 23rd, 2014, 12:40 pm

Can you give any info as to the plot?

There are some events prior to the Weston Super Mare event (end of July), such as the London MCM expo at the end of May. So if we'll be dressed up and metting up at an event anyway, we could maybe film something.

Also possible that Ghostbusters London could meet up and do something, seperate from any big event.

txteva wrote:We used a flip video camera and microphone - some of the filming with & without special effects http://youtu.be/dfd4AKzk3yE (the full film is isn't on YouTube cause it's for charity download tho I can get you a copy if you like)

Heh, some cool stuff there! I actually tried clicking the link to donate and get the full movie, but the link doesn't appear to work.

EDIT: found working link on the facebook page.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lifeasaghostbuster
Link to actual donation site page: https://gumroad.com/l/spgb
your evil twin
UKGB

Postby txteva » April 23rd, 2014, 2:05 pm

your evil twin wrote:Heh, some cool stuff there! I actually tried clicking the link to donate and get the full movie, but the link doesn't appear to work.

EDIT: found working link on the facebook page.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lifeasaghostbuster
Link to actual donation site page: https://gumroad.com/l/spgb

I don't control that youtube channel so I'll get Rich to update that (thanks for the heads up)

I think there's some more videos on the Facebook page too
txteva
UKGB

Postby BosonDart » April 23rd, 2014, 4:52 pm

Problem with doing something at ectomania or at events in general is your going to be doing somthing "controlled" in a public environment, which really means you should obtain permission from collectormania, having the means to put in crowd control and direct a production in a space where the public are just gonna want to do there own thing. The reason that Alabama and gb911 and slc works are that all these things have been taken into account with lots of planning, production meetings, script sessions and time to rehearse. I have friends who run an amateur film company, and it can take a while to organise this stuff. Don't just assume it will be ok. It's the kind of thing these big event companies are picky over, and we don't want banning from their future events. Also if you work with them, they may work with you in terms of crowd control. Saying this, bear in mind, that collectormania is a HUGE event, and what your suggesting to them could be percieved as a health and saftey nightmare. Just in terms of crowds, you will have no control over them, and in my opinion, there is nothing worse than a bunch of people in the background looking at you, and not at what your SUPPOSED to be aiming at
" ... " - The Rookie. -UKGB039
BosonDart
UKGB

Next

Return to General Discussion