COD: Black Ops 2

Discussion for gamers!

COD: Black Ops 2

Postby Stevey » May 3rd, 2012, 4:47 am

Yeah

Anyone else think they will need to change a pus bucket ton to be impressed?
Hey. Does this pole still work?
Stevey
UKGB

Re: COD: Black Ops 2

Postby Stevey » May 3rd, 2012, 5:19 am

Well after a little bit of digging I actually am a little intrigued.

Black Ops II is set in 2025, as opposed to the Cold War setting of Black Ops. In this new setting, China and the United States are locked in a cold war after China bans the export of rare earth elements following a cyberattack that cripples the Chinese Stock Exchange. War is now defined by robotics, cyberwarfare, unmanned vehicles and other modern technology. The game's story deals with the speculation that this unmanned technology could just as well be used against those it was meant to protect.

Although the game is set in 2025, it will start in the 1980s Cold War era in order to focus on the origin story of the primary antagonist of Black Ops II: Raul Menendez, who, in 2025, is provoking a war between China and the USA. In the 1980s section of the game, the player protagonist will be Alex Mason, protagonist of Black Ops. Much of the action in this section will take place in the proxy wars of Central America. Another character from Black Ops, Frank Woods will be returning in Black Ops II and will narrate the story into 2025. In the 2025 section, the player protagonist will be David Mason, son of Alex Mason.

It has been hinted at that the side-plot of Viktor Reznov and his relationship with Alex Mason, which began in World at War and was advanced by Black Ops, will be continued in Black Ops II

Black Ops II will be the first Call of Duty video game to feature branching storylines, in which the player's choice affects both the current mission and in turn, the overall course of the story. The game will feature special 'Strike Force' missions that are offered as a choice to the player during the campaign. Choosing one of the missions locks out the others unless the player begins a fresh campaign.

Strike Force missions allow the player to control a number of different war assets, such as unmanned aerial vehicles, jet fighters and robots. If the player dies in a Strike Force mission, the campaign continues recording that loss, as opposed to letting the player load a previously saved checkpoint. The player's progress in the Strike Force missions may go on to change even the plans of the story's antagonist, Raul Menendes.

Now the branching story lines may just sell it for me. I have the luck of my birthday falling around the COD release days but I think I may just hold off on it.
Stevey
UKGB

Postby Stevey » May 3rd, 2012, 8:20 am

I do agree there. I was actually thinking that this was going to be the plan for COD because the next Battlefield is going to be 2142.

I only really play them for the campaign and co-op. I cant be arsed with listening to kids who shouldn't really be playing the game, being constantly wiped out by unnaturally good players of the game and the lack of teamwork that seems to be used on the game. I don't really think I have enjoyed a COD online game since MW2 (although that was only for the first week) and Battlefield got kind of straining to play fafter the first few months
Stevey
UKGB

Postby Tyger Cheex » May 3rd, 2012, 10:31 am

I cant post a link here because the thought-police at work block videogame news websites because it's classed as "games" (even tho there are no games on it) but I regularly frequent a website called "Giant Bomb".

They do a weekly podcast 2+ hour which keeps me entertained on my drive to/from work and this week they did a bonus podcast all about Black Ops 2. It's about 45 mins long. One of the guys went to Treyarch (sp?) a couple of weeks ago to see it. Now the embargo is lifted they have been discussing it at great length.

I was getting COD fatigue after MW3 (I've played them all to completion since COD2 on Veteran with the exception of World at War) and I had decided to sit out the next one but the way they are mixing it up this time has me intrigued.

Jeff (the guy who saw it) said that he was surprised by the visual improvements too. That's good to hear.
Dr. Tyger Cheex
Sometimes, ѕhit happens, someone has to deal with it, and who ya gonna call?
Tyger Cheex
UKGB

Return to Video Games