EGB and horror movies

Discuss RGB and EGB

EGB and horror movies

Postby AmandaMKnox » June 10th, 2014, 9:47 am

Some episodes of Extreme Ghostbusters are based on actual horror movies and books, just thought it would be fun to share among us which episodes we've recognised as horror movie or novel parodies.

Deadliners - Crossover between Hellraiser and Goosebumps
Home is where the horror is - House on Haunted Hill (?)
The Crawler - Arachnid
Be careful what you wish for - Goosebumps (?)
In your Dreams - Nightmare on Elm Street
Witchy Women - The Craft

I'm sure there are loads more, but I don't watch many horror movies or read books, so anybody recognise any others?
Several are just based on mythical creatures, the others are parodies of movies and books, one or 2 of them based on children's stories too
AmandaMKnox
UKGB

Re: EGB and horror movies

Postby Bob Wobbaz » June 10th, 2014, 11:21 pm

I thought ''be careful what you wish for'' was more linked with Wishmaster. But yeah, me and LukeySixx have talked before about this, XGB seems to have a lot of horror movie and literature influences. I'm sure there was a story based on the Manitou too

The walls in the 53rd precinct...were bleeding...
Bob Wobbaz

Postby LukeySixx » June 13th, 2014, 11:21 pm

Yeah there are a lot of horror movie influences in egb,,,probablynwhy I love it :) ...oh and another one...well its a quote from Garrett "here chucky chucky chucky...here chucky chucky chucky" obviously referring to Chucky from "Child's play"
UKGB004
LukeySixx

Postby rodster6 » November 17th, 2014, 10:28 pm

Not a horror movie or EGB but I thought it was interesting that in the RGB episode 'Sandman, dream me a dream', the guy at the start of the episode is reading what is blatantly supposed to be an EC horror comic. Made me wonder if the writers were fans of and influenced by those old comics as many 80s horror writers and directors have claimed to be.
rodster6

Return to Ghostbusters Cartoons